Covid-19 updates | service information
Safe Weekend Service Options For You
• 4:30 p.m. Saturdays
• 8:30 & 10:15 a.m. Sundays
Now there are even more options for attending our weekend services at LOCC in person! Here’s what “Phase 2.5” of our re-entry plan looks like for the rest of May:
At The Grove
• Masked and gloved volunteers will hand you a printed bulletin as you enter The Grove.
• All social distancing protocols are still in effect.
• You may now sit on chairs or stand in front of your vehicle! (But please continue to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from everyone else.)
• Awareness, First Response, and Smile Teams are on duty, masked and practicing social distancing.
• Though we can’t hug or handshake, honking, waving, and hollering “Amen!” are strongly encouraged.
• Offering buckets will be handy for your convenience.
Inside on the Big Screen
• Gloved greeters will open the doors for you.
• Seating is arranged to maintain social distancing.
• Use the placeholders we’ve provided so that you can reserve ample space between yourself and others.
• Families or those who ride to church together may sit together – all others must respect social distancing protocols.
• FACE MASKS ARE ENCOURAGED!
• Awareness and First Response Team members are stationed inside.
• Our “Host Couple” will assist you as needed.
• Bathrooms are open – sanitized and monitored for your safety.
• Offering baskets are handy as you exit. (Note: All services will continue to be live-streamed online or available via YouTube or the LOCC website after the conclusion of Saturday’s service.)
Live WORSHIP SERVICES ONLINE
Access LOCC worship and sermons online at home via our YouTube channel (Live Oaks Church – YouTube) or our website (liveoakschurch.org) at 4:30 every Saturday afternoon or at your convenience any time after that. Any device works,
from your phone to your laptop to your flat screen TV.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY NORMAL TITHES AND OFFERINGS?
We know that supporting Live Oaks Community Church is important to you. Our ministry to members and our community will not stop, despite the public health challenges posed by COVID-19. Here are a few ways you can continue to support the work of Live Oaks Community Church:
- By visiting our website (liveoakschurch.org) and going to the donate page or by CLICKING HERE.
- By setting up “bill pay” through your bank – usually a free service where the bank debits your checking account and sends a check to us via mail. If you do this, be sure to designate how you want the funds to be used (General Fund, Living Oaks Campaign, etc.). Also be sure to have the checks sent to our mailing address – not our physical address (see below).
- By mailing a check yourself directly to:
Live Oaks Community Church
11962 CR 101, STE 302
The Villages, FL 32162
- By giving gifts of stock directly to LOCC – and you don’t have to pay the capital gains tax on appreciated stock value. Before initiating a stock transfer, please fill out the form available by CLICKING HERE.
- By having funds transferred directly to LOCC from an IRA.If you choose to use this option, there are forms available on the website CLICK HERE. Please return the appropriate page to Church Administrator Paul Erdmann prior to initiating the distribution. Contact Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 352.901.0550 with any questions.
LOCC is a strong community — we will weather this together. Thank you for your continued generous giving. When it’s not possible to drop your offering in the collection bucket, please consider making your gifts via our online giving platform.
With God’s help, we will vanquish COVID-19 by:
• Praying. Every day – morning, noon, and night.
• Devotional Reading. We completed our Draw the Circle Prayer Challenge awhile back, but keep up the momentum by continuing a daily devotional and prayer time on your own. Need ideas? Call the church office at 352.446.3975.
• Staying home, venturing out only for essentials (and weekend services at our Woodridge Campus!).
• Keeping connected. Stay in touch with your friends, family, neighbors, fellow Encore Groupers and other church family via email, letters, Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, a newer app called Houseparty, and more.
• Complying with government and CDC directives for social distancing, etc.
• Watching the News – there are new developments nearly every day. Let us pray for discernment and wisdom.
Here’s the plan at Live Oaks:
“Don’t be afraid, little flock.” That’s what Jesus said to His disciples in Luke 12:32, and that’s what He says to us today. Do not worry, God is in control. None of the extraordinary circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic come as a surprise to Him. Therefore we have no need to be anxious – but we do want our actions to reflect God-directed wisdom. Motivated from a position of faith, not fear, after much prayer and thanksgiving, and in keeping with the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) latest directives, our LOCC elders and staff have made some decisions you will want to note:
Worship Services at The Grove
Although we must temporarily suspend all indoor services at both our Woodridge and Southern Oaks Campuses, we will offer four outdoor service times for corporate worship at The Grove (Woodridge Campus) this coming weekend and on subsequent weekends for as long as we can. Take part in the entire service by watching the prerecorded music and message from the comfort and privacy of your car or golf cart, projected onto our Jumbotron screen and broadcast over our outdoor sound system. Or you may choose to access the audio at 95.1 on your FM dial.
Service Times @ The Grove:4:30 p.m. Saturday, March 218:30 a.m., 10:15 a.m., or noon Sunday, March 22 Ground Rules @ The Grove (based on CDC directives):Stay in your car or golf cart during the service (no lawn chairs, please!)Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between vehicles. Stay home if you’re feeling sick.There will be no greeting time; as unusual and uncharacteristic as it is, please do not move about and greet others. Waves and horn honking are encouraged. Stay home If you feel vulnerable to disease due to preexisting health conditions. Our building will be closed, but a Porta Potty will be on site. Do bring your Bible – we are continuing our study of Luke.Please give as you normally would – an offering will be collected.ALL ARE WELCOME!Worship Services Online
You can also access the worship and sermon online at home. There are two ways: via our YouTube channel (Live Oaks Church – YouTube) by Saturday evening, or our website (liveoakschurch.org) the following Sunday morning. Any device works, from your phone to your laptop to your flat screen TV.
Bible Studies, Support Groups,
Rehearsals, and Other Indoor Activities
All indoor gatherings at both our Woodridge and Southern Oaks campuses have been suspended until further notice. This includes indoor worship services, Filler Factory, Bible studies, Griefshare, AA, Widowers Support, choir and worship team rehearsals, and any other indoor assemblies. (Note: The LOCC Women’s Ministry hopes to bring noted Bible teacher Bobbie Brecher back in the not-too-distant future to complete her study of Psalm 23 and 24.)
All Encore Groups have been suspended for the remaining four weeks in this session. As much as we hate to close off this lifeline of fellowship, mutual encouragement, and instruction in our church, we believe that the nationwide precaution to avoid groupings of 10 or more persons is a wise one. We trust that you will find creative ways to keep in touch – technology offers some great alternatives. We don’t have to stop connecting with each other or supporting one another even if we can’t gather in conventional ways for awhile. We are still one body in Christ!
Annual Meeting/Budget Forums
The Annual Congregational Meeting originally scheduled for March 29 has been rescheduled for 5:30 p.m. Sunday, April 26. Budget Forums have been moved to noon Tuesday, April 21, and 6 p.m. Thursday, April 23.
April gatherings, including our Palm Sunday evening movie at The Grove, our Easter services, and our Migration Party (set for April 3) are neither cancelled nor postponed at this time. Keep them on your calendars until you hear otherwise. We will continue to evaluate the health risks and governmental guidelines and restrictions before making final decisions about these events.
All March and April trips have been postponed, and May trips most likely will be postponed as well. Watch for further information as it becomes available.
A Word from Pastor Chris Holck
“We have a unique opportunity to offer worship services in an outdoor setting that accommodates a safe social distance, so we plan to continue them for as long as we can. Last weekend Grove attendees at our three Woodridge services numbered 50 Saturday evening, 70 at 8:30 a.m. Sunday, and 120 at 10:15. Feedback was positive – people were glad they could gather with other Christians (albeit a different experience) rather than watch the service on their computers. We are committed to observing social distance guidelines, however, so there will be no formal greeting time or time to roam around conversing with others. Thank you in advance for respecting these precautionary measures. We have added an additional service at noon in hopes that more people from our community will take part.”
Live Oaks Church |Displays of God’s
Mercy and Love
As the world responds to the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak, and as we as a nation, state, community, and church take actions to guard against its spread, these are becoming unique times in ministry, especially in the realm of pastoral care. We know many are following social distancing guidelines, health protection protocols, adjusting their lifestyles, and even isolating themselves from the public as directed by governmental and health authorities.
The staff of LOCC cares about you and how you are doing during this exceptional time. Although pastoral care visitation to hospitals, nursing homes, and care centers has been restricted, or even prohibited in some cases, we will continue to provide pastoral care to you via phone, email, text, and one-on-one visits when and where permitted. Please let us know if you become ill, are hospitalized, are seeking prayer, in need of supplies or assistance in any way, or simply would like someone to talk with. Our pastoral care team will do all possible to respond.
This is also a time and opportunity for all of us, as God’s people, to reach out to our neighbors, friends, and others we encounter, to offer words of compassion, encouragement, prayer, and displays of God’s mercy and love during a very challenging time.
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10
Pastor Orin Wiseman
Live Oaks Church |Only $320,000 Away from Putting a Spade in the Ground
The Elders of Live Oaks Community Church have prayerfully considered our next steps for the expansion of our ministry at LOCC’s Woodridge Campus. The link below takes you to the Living Oaks Campaign update Pastor Chris shared this past weekend. It’s only a few minutes long, but it talks about how we have finally received a Guaranteed Maximum Price for our building from our contractor and a loan commitment from a bank. When those numbers are factored into the generosity that has already poured out from our LOCC family, we find we are only $302,000 away from being able to begin our project.
We have come so far and now are so close.
Now it’s up to the membership of Live Oaks Community Church to vote on whether or not to proceed with borrowing and building at this time. The vote will take place at our Annual Congregational Meeting, scheduled for April 26. Therefore, we have until that date to accumulate $302,000 in cash for our ministry expansion. Gifts toward that sum can take the form of:
the fulfillment of a commitment already made;
a new commitment or cash gift; or
an additional gift from those who’ve already fulfilled their commitments, but who find they are joyfully able and willing to do more.
Don’t confuse this $302,000 goal with our overall Living Oaks Campaign Goal. Achieving this goal allows us to start construction with the bank’s permission. We will continue to raise funds toward our $7.5 million goal that will allow us to both build this Woodridge expansion as well as purchase land for our Southern Oaks Campus. By raising this $302,000 now, we will cross over the $5 million dollar mark in commitments – so that means we are 2/3 of the way toward our goal. Thanks, Live Oaks Community Church, for your generosity.
Please pray about what God would have you do to help us raise this final amount toward making our ministry expansion dreams come true!
Live Oaks Church |Take on this 40-day prayer challenge
Take on this 40-day prayer challenge as the entire LOCC community commits to reading life-changing, faith-building daily devotionals from Mark Batterson’s book Draw the Circle.
We have a free copy of the book for any of you who did not receive one last year. Our 40-day journey began Monday, March 16, and we will complete it together on Friday, April 24.
It’s not too late to join the adventure!
This church-wide spiritual journey will make a huge impact on your life and on the Live Oaks Community Church family.